Thursday, June 23, 2005

More Miles

8.89 miles

That is my combined number for 2 walks today. The first one, 2.81 miles, I did with Laurae. We walked through Bidwell Park at a leisurely (for me) pace of about 3 mph. When we returned to the car it was about 11:30 and the humidity was climbing. I was determined to get in a few more miles and so I told Laurae that I would meet her at Little Red Hen Nursery at about 1o’clock.

I reset my GPS unit and took off, hoping to see that MPH average quickly rise to 4 mph or higher. Little did I know that it would take almost 2 ½ miles before I could get it to 3.9 mph. At the end of 4 miles I had my 4.1 average and I was pretty happy with it, considering that it was midday, the temperature was right at 90° and the humidity was quite high in the park. The end result was 6.08 miles at an average of 4 mph.

No comments: