Sunday, March 05, 2006

Postscripts

A few more thoughts about the Bidwell Classic...

The contestants numbered almost 1,200, a big leap from last years 800+.
There were far too many dogs around the starting area. A lot of excitement and children...dogs were barking and straining at their leashes to join in. What's with that? Can't the dogs stay home for once? What was the purpose of having them there?
And bicycles...the same old Bidwell story...even during a race, the cyclists were cruising through the packs of runners without giving any warning. I saw one (1) cyclist using his bell and I saw two (2) near misses.
And socks...I wore my favorite. Not a good choice. I ended up with blisters on my toes. Always wear "New" socks!
I won...a prize in the drawings after the event. I won a paid entry fee for the Paiute Meadows Trail Run, to be held in Susanville on May 20th. I don't know a thing about it, but I will soon.
And last...just as it happened after the Almond Blossom 5K, I heard some great opera on the radio as I drove home. I turned up the volume and basked in the exuberance that only a great aria can deliver.

No comments: