Thursday, March 02, 2006

Timing is everything!

I did get in some walking this week. Just not as much as I had planned. This weather has all of my plans in disarray. I got in a 5 miler yesterday and did it in 63 minutes and that's fairly fast. Not my ideal, but certainly enough to get the heart pumping. Let me see...63 divided by 5 equals 12.6 minutes per mile. (I'm using an old calculator that I can barely read...why don't I just buy a new one?) I would say that we're in good shape for the Bidwell Classic in just 2 days from now. I have to pick up my race packet tomorrow and this year, for the first time, the packet will include a timing chip. A great way to run a race!

And here's a photo of the creek that runs through Bidwell. It was running pretty strong yesterday and had created a whirlpool as it descended into the swimming pool section.

No comments: