Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Goals

I did a long walk this morning in preparation for Sunday’s ½ marathon event in Phoenix. I got in an 11.54 distance in a time of 2:36. That gives me an average of 13.52 minute/miles. What was best about this time was the fact that I simply walked the last 2 miles. My goal for this race is to do it in less than 3 hours and as long as I don’t end up injured, that should be easy.

I know it’s not the goal I stated earlier; a 2:45 time. It’s actually about 10 minutes off my normal time for the half, but since the holidays have taken a toll on the time available for my practices and I have gained more weight than I like, I really can’t expect much better. Shame on me!

But I have all spring and summer to make up for this lapse. Another ½ marathon is coming up in early March and I anticipate being in better shape for that one.

No comments: