Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Gray

Very foggy outside! And I need to get in to the park for a practice walk. I guess I can brave it. But I’m not looking forward to the walk itself; drippy trees and damp air don’t make for a pleasant walk.

(Later) My fears of an unpleasant walk in the fog were unfounded. Once I got across the river, the skies lightened and I saw a faint orange disc in the sky. It could only get better and it did. I went out fairly fast but then settled into a pleasant and moderate pace. I did a quick enough, in and out of 5.16 miles in 68 minutes.

As I walked, I tried to plan for the season ahead. I’m trying to work around a disappointment as I found out this morning that Portland doesn’t have a ½ marathon to go along with the full marathon. I was hoping to make that trip for the race this fall and then extend it for a visit to Vashon Island. Perhaps there is a Vashon ½ marathon? If there isn’t; there should be!

Nope. The only ½ marathon I found was the Seattle, which I really want to do sometime. But, the date for that one, November 25th, is right in the middle of a holiday weekend and that would make flying problematic. Should I do it this year or next? Decisions!

Back home; the fog returns. Dreary.

No comments: