Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Not Bad

I’m just back from a satisfying practice session in the park. My goal was to get in a 2 hour practice and I did that. Doing 8.67 miles in 1:54:30 and then strolling for another 5.30 minutes before calling it quits for the day. That’s a 13.20 minute/mile average and that isn’t bad for practice.

And I have received my final instruction notice from the Rock n’ Roll folks in Phoenix. My race number is 38598 and I’m in Corral #18, based on my forecast of a 2:45 finish time for the race. Let’s see…13.20 x 13.1 = 2.9 hours, a little slower than my forecast. OK, so I will stay towards the back of the Corral.

Now for the future; I have to make plans for some more races this year after the ½ marathon in Phoenix. There will be a ½ marathon in March, the Bidwell Classic, and I will do that one for sure. The Almond Blossom 5K is in Durham, but I forget if that’s before or after the Bidwell Classic…oh well, I’m sure I will find out in time to get signed up. I want to do the Portland ½ marathon this year (The end of September) and that would effectively end the long races for the year. But there’s a long time span between Bidwell and Portland and I need to find some interesting races to fill those months.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a triatholon in May....I have a couple of girlfriends that are training for that right now!...

Steven said...

I'm not much on Triatholons...I don't swim that well.