Friday, April 10, 2009

Philosophy

Life goes on. And of course…wait for it! So does the pain. A tiresome subject for someone reading this and very tiresome for the one living it. Pain; it's making me old. I know my appearance has changed dramatically over the past 12 months. Of course I'm still the same guy under the new wrinkles, but a tired guy now. I didn't realize how tough it was to get old. It was easy to pass from childhood to the teenage years; easy and very much desired. The same with adulthood; I wanted to shed the teen image and take on the important role of adult and citizen of the world. But elderhood…that was something that I never really thought about. Until it was happening to me. The only planning I had was financial and nothing at all for the physical at this stage of life. My role models for elderhood were all fit and smiling at the age of 90. I never thought that they represented a miniscule percentage of the elders. And so I learned…and keep on learning.

No comments: