Sunday, July 26, 2009

I’m Walkin’

OK, I'm 12 days post op and things are looking up. Pain is still a constant and it appears that the doctor expects that. He prescribed a bottle with 200 Norco in it and 2 refills. That scares me when he thinks I will need 600 Norco! Norco, of course, is my new best friend, followed by Dilaudid. Or maybe it's the other way round? Sad, but I have no refills available for the Dilaudid, though I will ask for one this week. Dilaudid makes the mornings bearable. And the evenings. Twice a day is all I need and I will have to tell him that. I'm also taking Tizanidine, a muscle relaxant to help with back spasms.

I'm getting around more with my walker and taking longer walks. I try walking without it and find it to be moderately scary and don't get too far away from the walker. Also, I have to be picky as to when I go walking. The pain meds allow a short window of opportunity between the times I take those meds. I have to start walking about 45 minutes after taking my Norco and I must end it about an hour before the next one. Even with those restrictions, I have about 2 hours in which to exercise. If I'm not napping.

I just had a brain flare! Maybe I will paint my walker. It's mine after all and I do have some incredible paints. Maybe Sharpies would be the way to go? Why should walkers be industrial gray in color?

No comments: