Saturday, March 03, 2007

Pretty soon

Race day is here. I have my packet and my timing chip; I have a new trophy t-shirt, now I need some enthusiasm. Maybe the race itself will generate some. Seeing some of the folks from Sierra Race Walkers might help. And there is a chance that some racers from Roseville will be present. After that, I’m on my own.

I suppose I should look and see what’s in the packet. I don’t even remember when the race starts? That would be an important thing to find out. OK, it’s 9:05 for my start. And I had to go on-line to find that out. So I need to be there about 8, leaving here at 7:30. The packet itself was pretty skimpy; a few coupons and an ad or two. Even the bib number is small? I guess that’s another way to save money. On a more positive note; the shirt looks good.

I wonder if they, CRC, have ever thought about putting on a marathon event? There has to be enough room to do that, if you include Upper Bidwell Park in the scheme. And include downtown as well. I think it would be a great event and could draw lots of people to the area.

No comments: