Thursday, March 01, 2007

Very close

OK, I’m back and resting from my workout this morning. I think it went well; doing a total of 8.29 miles in 1:53. That works out to be a 13.63 minute/mile average. I know it’s very close to race day and so I couldn’t really go all out or try for any longer distances than that. In fact I may have been stretching it by going as far as I did so close to race day. I did the first 5 ½ miles with an average of 13.38 minute miles and then slowed it down for the return to the starting point.

Tomorrow is a day of rest and recuperation. And on Saturday morning I will have to depend on my barely adequate training and some muscle memory to get me close to my goal of 2:50 for the ½ marathon.

Or…I could just go out on Saturday morning and have a good time in the sunshine and in good company.

Let’s see now, it’s time for a weigh-in. 205 pounds. Bad. But I did walk off a few calories, 1144 to be exact!

No comments: