Saturday, April 28, 2007

The Future?

I did get in a good walk yesterday, though not the fastest. I’m well on my way to giving up on the competitive race walking. Without someone to walk with once in awhile, it’s simply depressing. And I seem to get slower and slower because of it; which just compounds the problem.

When I was walking and training with the members of the Sierra Race Walkers, I had no trouble staying focused and becoming faster with each training session. But there’s no such thing here. The only competitive walking you see is at Costco where the race is on to see what snacks they’re giving away. Is that my future?

I just checked my blood pressure and it’s back into the 130’s. Darn it! I need to get it back to somewhere between 120 and 110. And it’s walking that will do that. Or cycling? I’m thinking of getting a decent seat on the bike and doing some cycling every other day. The only thing that keeps me away from the bike is fear. Automobiles and bicycles don’t mix and you can’t trust drivers to see you.

No comments: