Friday, April 06, 2007

Ooops!

It’s time for me to get out into the park and get in some serious exercise. Yesterday I signed up for the Fleet Feet Masters 4 Mile race next month and just doing that should keep me motivated. It’s a small race with only those over the age of 40 eligible. The plan is to do the 2.5 mile stretch from One Mile to Manzanita and back. That will give me a 5 mile workout and so the 4 mile race should be a breeze? I will do that about 4 or 5 times a week. And with $17 invested, I may be willing to try exercising even more often than that.

OK. The morning training is over and a 13.17 minute/mile was the pace for the first 5.16 mile training distance. Not bad, but certainly not my best. Could it be my weight? 209. Bad dad! That’s 9 pounds over my usual? weight. What did I do the 4 Mile Masters in last year? 48:37 minutes and that made it a 12.09 minute/mile pace. Now that’s what I need to shoot for and I have just one month to get ready. And one month to lose about 9 pounds.

No comments: