Sunday, April 29, 2007

What Fun!

I did get in a longer practice yesterday; 5.16 miles and all done in 68 minutes. Far too long, but at least I was out and doing it. There were a couple of racing events at the park that I didn’t know about; one, a bicycle race and the other seemed to be a 6 mile run? Usually I know about these before they happen, but not this time. Plus, there was concrete work being done at a new picnic site and that involved cars and trucks’ moving along what is normally a closed road. With all of the cycling activity in the park, I was glad to finish and get out of there.

Cyclists are always the rudest of athletes. OK, not all…but most. They seem to go out of their way to see how close they can come to hitting you without actually making contact. In my future life, I see myself walking in the park with my cane. I will be wearing glasses that hold a small rear-view mirror and when I see a cyclist just about to overtake me, I will begin to flail my cane all about. Dancing and gyrating. Maybe jabbing my cane into the spokes to hear the funny sound it makes? I want to make Bidwell Park the home of the “Mad Walker” and know that cyclists dread seeing me; never knowing when I will attack. They might even learn to ride far to the left of me and to announce their presence as some of the more civil cyclists do.

No comments: