Tuesday, October 23, 2007

And he's off!

A beautiful day in the park! I can tell you that I was pleasantly surprised to be able to fall right back into the racewalking gait. All very smooth. I guess muscle memory saves me once again. I didn’t want to overextend myself this morning and become injured, so had to fight an urge to go faster; which I could have. OK, maybe just a little bit faster. The competitive spirit is still there and I wanted to prove to myself that I still had the ability to racewalk against all comers. Not.

I was pleasantly warmed up after the first mile, which I did in 14.4 minutes. My original plan to walk a slow 6 miler went by the wayside and I decided to do 4 miles at a good pace. The results are… BP=131/72 Pulse=74 after doing 4 miles in 56.5 minutes at an average pace of 14.125 minutes per mile. If I were doing a 5K race, my usual; I would have done it in a little over 42 minutes. My last outing, back in May, I was averaging 12.26 minutes per mile and I did the 4 miler in a shade over 49 minutes. So I’m 7 minutes off my pace; I’m good with that!

No comments: