Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I'm ready...

I’ve had my breakfast of hot whole grain cereal, the kind that gets into the spaces between your teeth. Must brush! I think Dad used to call it ‘Nature’s broom,” And he ate a bowl of that ‘mush’ every day. Then I’m off to walk in the park. Day two of my rehab effort. But first, my blood pressure before I go…139/81 with a pulse of 65.

(Later) It was a good effort. I had some initial pain to overcome; lactic acid! Even so, the first mile went by at a faster pace than I wanted, a mile in 13.8 minutes, so I slowed it down and did the second mile with a 14.28 average for two miles. And as I reached the Manzanita end of the park trail I spotted a brand new bridge over the creek. I was going to make a simple turn around and head back, but the bridge beckoned and I crossed over before settling into a POFW pace instead of the racewalking stride. And then I passed my marker for the 5K distance and I had done that in 43 minutes, just 4 minutes off my race pace. OK, back to racewalking. I continued on and went back across the creek at Cedar Grove and then finished up back at the truck in 1 hour and 15 minutes. That’s an average of 14.42 minutes per mile.

Afterwards, at home again… BP is 131/64 Pulse is 79 and weight is 215.6, a drop of 2.4 pounds in 2 days.

No comments: