Monday, October 29, 2007

Paces

I have completed a backwards course of 2.93 miles in just 41 minutes. Backwards because I started at Cedar Grove and then walked east and back around to my starting point. It always helps to have a different perspective, especially when you walk in this park as often as I do. And tomorrow I will try the same starting point and go the opposite way.

I wish I could say that it was all fun and games, but it wasn’t. I started off feeling like I was dragging all 17 pounds of my extra weight as I walked; draped around my neck and dragging on the ground. Gross! But on the bright side, I could also visualize the calories being dragged off as well. Calories? They look like little bb’s of fat and they leave a greasy spot on the pavement.

After about a mile of that kind of mental torture, I got myself up to 4.3 mph and continued in that manner for the duration.

BP is 131/66 with a pulse of 75 and a weight of 217. And I'm about 4 minutes off of my pace...

No comments: