Thursday, October 25, 2007

Coffee Anyone?

I better take my early AM blood pressure readings and then prepare to get myself on the road. A short walk this morning. Okay, BP is 132/71 with a pulse of 66. And I was thinking yesterday; without my tape recorder… that part of the reason for the sore feet was my increased weight. Duh! But, wouldn’t that also mean that I was getting a better workout by having to haul so much lard around the park? Yes! Weight training! And if I lose weight, won’t I be cheating myself out of an opportunity to gain additional strength by hauling it around? Sounds like a no-win situation. Maybe I should walk while eating and keep things just as they were. Just kidding.

(Later) After returning from a satisfactory 3.3 mile walk in 46.5 minutes (14.1 minute/miles) and having a medium sized latte at Bellachino’s Coffee shop, my blood pressure readings are 126/76 with a pulse of 73.

Now I think I have found my new favorite coffee shop; Bellachino’s. Nice atmosphere with plenty of magazines and newspapers. They want you to be comfortable. The menu looks pretty good as well, with gardenburgers available. I will try parking the truck down by Cedar Grove and then after my walk, it’s a simple drive up 8th Street to the coffee shop.

The coffee shop that has proven to be the most disappointing is Higher Grounds. We went in for a cup a few weeks ago, just before Kyle’s game, and when I asked if there were any newspapers available to buy, I was told, “Yes. Across the parking lot and over at the liquor store. They have a machine.” Amazing!

1 comment:

Sheesha said...

I love Bellachino's - they have great Chai too! And the sandwiches are really good as well! They offer a discount to Chico Country Day parents on Thursday mornings.....I was disappointed once when I went in there to grab a sack lunch for a field trip - the sign said open, but they didn't have the deli set up yet....