Thursday, January 29, 2009

All Good

I just finished my (almost) daily Wii Fit and Weights routine. It all adds up to about 30+ minutes of exercise each day. And it's paying off. I've been doing it for close to 80 days now so progress hasn't come quickly, but it is doing good things for me, things I can observe and measure. My stomach is becoming measurably smaller as is my waist. My feet are not swollen any more.

Yes, I'm losing weight; not a lot and certainly not as fast as used to lose it when I was training for a race. And I'm toning muscles, especially those needed for core strength.

Part of my weight loss has to be attributed to diet changes, as the Wii Fit exercises rarely cause me to break a sweat. I've eliminated some favorites from the menu and I'm trying for smaller portions. Portions are the key to losing weight; go on a 1,000 calorie a day diet of anything and you will lose weight. And this new diet has paid off because my last blood cholesterol screening put me into the 'safe' zone again. At the same time the doctor told me that my blood sugar levels had been rising as well and now they were normal once again.

OK, so I'm not racing right now and I don't know if I ever will again, but I'm making some kind of progress and that's good.

No comments: