Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mistake

I definitely made a mistake last Saturday. I was feeling real good about the decision to have the surgery and so I decided that I could do a little gardening; just a little and so I completed the drip irrigation system, thinking that since I was only bending over half a dozen times and not doing any lifting or pushing, I would be safe. Wrong. 30 minutes of fun in the garden has given me 5 days of severe pain…so far.

So life goes on. And here I am; early in the morning and I have my cup of tea in one hand and my first of many doses of Vicodin in the other. Both items are needed each morning when I first become vertical. Yes, the pain is still with me and it's just as severe as it was yesterday and the day before that and the day before that, etc, etc. I guess I will have to grit my teeth and wait.

Waiting is what I do. I do have a promise of surgery in a 'couple of months' but no actual date. Nothing to pin my hopes on. No date to underline on my calendar. I've been told that someone from the surgeons office will be calling, soon. And so I wait. And then I wait some more.

Back in the day, this blog was all about my racewalking 'career' and it was fun to share the various races with family and friends. Then, about 18 months ago, it became a pain blog as I tried to figure out what was happening to me. And now it's about to become a medical experience blog; for at least a year. Will it ever return to being a racewalking blog? I was talking to my son last night and he says 'kayaks' are where it's at. So, maybe in another years time, this will be my kayaking blog.

No comments: