Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Progress

How very nice! I'm having one of those 'It's a Miracle' mornings and the pain ranges from non-existent to minor. I have no idea as to why this happens every few weeks, but I do know that it's an illusion. I'm certainly not calling the doctor and cancelling the surgery. A year ago I might have considered it, but I've had these rare days come and go so often that I'm pretty much immune to the dreams of a real miracle. This is just a break in the action and I'm going to enjoy it for what it is.

On a secondary subject; my recent PVP surgery – after calling the doctor yesterday, I've been cut free of my second catheter now and all is well. My wounds are healing and I'm looking forward to my next surgery in less than a month. Yes, looking forward to it! It's been 18 months, more or less, of failed therapies and broken dreams to get to this point.

I will be donating my first of two units of blood next Monday and then again on the following Monday. That would be the 29th and just a little over two weeks from my surgery date…

No comments: