Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Real Deal

The surgeon's office called yesterday and gave us some times and dates so now we feel like it's official and that the surgery really will happen. It is scheduled to start on the 14th at 7:30 AM and we have to be at the hospital at 5:30. Back in the old days…you would have been there overnight, having checked in on the previous day. We have to be at Enloe Pre Admission this Thursday at 10 AM for some additional lab work. Then we have an appointment to see the doctor, my surgeon, on the 9th for a final consultation. His office will also be sending us additional information via the post office. It's been a long time coming!

An odd thing I noticed; as the date for surgery draws closer, I find myself picking out old racing souvenir t-shirts to wear. Yesterday I was wearing the shirt from the Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon in Phoenix that I completed in 2007? I think I'm being positive…I will be racewalking again!

1 comment:

Kitty said...

You bet you will!