Monday, June 01, 2009

Plans

My, how my life has changed over the past 5 years. The 'golden' years of my retirement. I really don't think this current 'life' is what I had in mind when I decided to retire. In fact, I'm sure it isn't. I had this idyllic vision of care-free days at home; and plenty of racing or race training. At least one marathon a year and two of them if I had time. I had a list of marathons that I was going to enter. There would be lots of exciting weekend travel for us during the racing season. I had joined the local racing club and had met some local racers. I was going to be fit forever…or until the day I died. None of my plans were about 'winning'. They were only about 'doing'. And I was going to enjoy each day with plenty of mind expanding reading and conversation. I was going to hang out at local coffee houses after my morning workouts and read the newspapers. I had visions of meeting others with the same lifestyle and interesting conversations would ensue. I was going to expand my own version of creativity with all sorts of art classes and even more exposure to art and artists. That was the plan.

OK, this post is not supposed to be about 'poor little me', it's only about change. I fully intend to do something different if I can't return to racewalking after the surgery. I will not be sitting around and moaning about my bad luck. That is
the plan!

No comments: