Friday, November 18, 2005

Cooler

I’m back…and it was a great walk this morning. Early of course, and cool. I think it was 39 degrees when I went by the thermometer in front of the bank. But I had a pair of wool raglan gloves ready for the occasion. I started off, eager to get the blood flowing and warming me. I had spent too much time in a heated car on the way to the park. Now it was cold reality that greeted me during the first mile. Darn! I sure wish I had something for my ears. (I will stop at the store today and get something that will serve as a sweatband and ear warmer.)

The pace was quick and I spent some time fiddling with my technique…which was probably the wrong thing to do. Finally, I contented myself with simply driving my hands across my chest in short, hard jabs that moved my hips along with them. That increased my pace and I was soon warmed by it.

At mile 4, it was time to rid myself of the gloves and I no longer noticed any discomfort to my ears. In fact, I was quite toasty! And I decided not to look at the GPS unit any longer, I was just going to look at the clock when I finished. And I finished in 1:17. That’s a 12.16 minute mile average for the 6.33 miles.
(Hey Jill! How about that?)

No comments: