Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Way Cool, but not cold

The wind was blowing and the leaves were falling like rain. And I was enjoying a good walk around Bidwell. After a slow start, I worked up to 12:32 minute/mile pace and finished the 6.33 miles in 1:18. What was cool was the fact that I did it without a pacing partner.

Now that I have good speed and endurance developed, I need to work more on my technique. What I have a problem with is the push-off as my trailing leg rises off the pavement. When done right, it's quite smooth. My push-off makes me appear "hoppy". And it's the push-off that gives you more speed.

Unfortunately, there are very few racewalking enthusiasts in this area, so I can't get the personal training advise I used to get when walking and training with the Sierra Race Walkers.

No comments: