Thursday, September 21, 2006

I'm Back!

A good one! Since I wanted to work on speed I decided to do the same distance I walked on Tuesday, 3.23 miles. And I knocked a minute off of my previous time, doing it in 40.06 minutes (12.16 minute/mile). And I was able to drop about a pound of weight as well.

And while I was walking, I remembered a conversation I had with my sister regarding ChiRunning. We had both heard the PBS interview that gave some info on the subject and I remember thinking at the time that it was a great idea! I would love to run a marathon just because it would free me from the discipline of racewalking. Not that I don’t love racewalking; after all, it’s the “Cadillac” of bipedal transport!

And when I visit the Chi-Running website, I see a Chiwalking link…hmm? that could be interesting as well. Here’s a quote.

“ChiWalking helps reduce or eliminate knee pain, hip pain, and pain from arthritis. Walking has been proven to lower the risk of: heart disease, obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer and more. Walking can truly be a lifesaver and with the ChiWalking mind-body approach, the benefits are exponentially increased.”

Weight 193.6 BP 131/60 Pulse 56
Blood pressure seems high, but I just got back from the park.

No comments: