Sunday, October 08, 2006

Changes

Due to unforeseen circumstances…I had to cancel my marathon date for today. But it’s OK. I have a good season behind me, one that I can be proud of. (3 marathons completed) And I have also decided to change from being a walker of marathons to a walker of ½ marathons and a runner of shorter races.

The training time required for racewalking a marathon was becoming a chore; not the best feeling to have when you’re trying to keep fit and still enjoy yourself. Simple math says that ½ marathons will require ½ the amount of training. And ½ marathons are held in all of the popular places in this country. This means that we can continue traveling to new places; I’ll walk or run and then we get to go sightseeing afterwards. Make sense?

And I do want to start running again. I know I won’t be the fastest runner in Chico (Aged 66+) but there is a good chance that I will be the fastest one in Orland. And you take your victories when and where you can.

The goal remains the same…fit, not frail!

No comments: