Monday, October 30, 2006

The Simple Life

Life is far simpler now that I have decided to pursue ½ marathons and shorter races. For instance; I have a 5K race coming up this weekend and I did some training for it this morning…by going twice that distance. I did the usual circuit of the park and got in 6.38 miles in 81 minutes. That’s a 12.7 minute/mile pace. And since I have a landmark at the 5K distance, I was able to see that I did that distance in 38 minutes. (12.26)

Yes, I went back to racewalking and I think it is going to be my choice of “style” for all of the races in the future. I might run for short distances in a cross training effort, but I don’t see myself as a runner.

Speed training is something I haven’t been doing and I need to get back to it. Believe it or not, when I was training in Roseville and going to the ARC track in the evenings for speed work, my times were down into the low 10’s for a mile distance. So, tomorrow I will do a very fast one mile effort to see if I can’t pick up some speed for the weekend. Wednesday will be a slower effort and then I will do another fast mile on Friday. Saturday is a day of rest…

BP 118/51 Pulse is 62 and weight is 198.4

No comments: