Friday, July 29, 2005

Another Day, 71 to go

We got a late start in the park today and so it was already 80 degrees and climbing when we started. After a fast (for Laurae) 3 miles...3.4 mph. I went out alone and did 2.25 miles at a 4.7 mph pace. That will help with the long walk tomorrow.

I stopped in at Fleet Feet the other day to look at some shoes for the marathon and was immediately hooked by some really lightweight cross country trainers. They looked great and didn't weigh more than a few ounces. But...would they last 26 miles on pavement? I need to do more research, but I may still buy them just because they are so cool!

I once had a pair of racing flats that I bought in the early 1970's and I loved those shoes. They were sold by a new company in the shoe business, a company named Nike. Those shoes were like slippers and you simply felt "faster".

No comments: