Thursday, July 14, 2005

Tough!

Hot day! We went to the park at 8:30 and it was already 88 degrees. So off we went, moderately fast. We took about 56 minutes to do 3.2 miles at a 3.4 mph average. Pretty good for Laurae! She is beginning to work up some speed now.

Then it was my turn and I suppose the temperature was up to about 90 or more. I went back and did 4 more miles at an average 4.5 mph...but I noticed something odd happening with the GPS unit. I left the parking lot with the distance set back to 0. I went till the distance read 2.0 miles and then I returned. Now the distance read 4.3 miles. And I have noticed some discrepancies with the clock function as well. Here's my theory; since I am depending on 3 satellites to pinpoint my location, Bidwell Park might not provide the optimum conditions to do that...there are large trees everywhere and at two locations, I have to cross under the freeway, shutting me off from satellite view for a little distance. I guess I will take my trusty old kitchen timer with me next time and double check some of my times.

No comments: