Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Here are my thoughts before I left the house this morning… “I will be out in the park today, getting in a much longer walk this morning. I’m not going to predict how long…I always fall short for some reason whenever I do that. But I better eat a good breakfast before I go. And plenty of water…the forecast is for 95°.”

I am back from that walk and I can report that I did 14 miles this morning. The first 6.25 was done in 83 minutes. The second one was completed in 84 minutes and the last 1.5 miles was done in 20:10 minutes. I figured it out to be a 13.39 minute/mile average…and yes, it was getting warm! And I had to argue with myself to get in the last 1.5 miles.

Sure it’s a hassle at times, but all of this walking has made me fit once more. My feet are in good shape and my blood pressure seems to be right where it should be. I haven’t had a blister in quite awhile now. And my weight is right around 200. I do expect to get down to 195 fairly soon in this warm weather and that should be my summer weight.

This morning’s data… BP 103/58 Pulse 77 Weight 199.2

No comments: