Monday, April 17, 2006

A Good One

What a great day! I got out of the car and into the park about 7 this morning and decided to start my practice over on the opposite side of 1-Mile, the side where the mile markers begin. The temperature was in the 40’s but with fair skies to look at, it wasn’t noticeably cold.

Before I had made it around once, I decided that I felt good enough to go for a half marathon distance. (13.2 miles) So I faithfully followed the route and went around one more time.

According to the GPS unit, I was maintaining a 4.5 mph pace and even at the 13.2 mile point; the pace was still the same.

Some figures:
1:22 for one 6.25 mile circuit of the park. (13:12 minute/mile)
2:50 for the half – marathon (12.88 minute/mile)
3:01 total walking time, at 4.5 mph.  (14.05 miles total)

The best part of course was getting in another half - marathon and then some; another ¾+ miles. It’s all psychological of course, but I needed to do this. Now the next marathon doesn’t sound so forbidding. And I did better today, in a solo walk, no crowds, no competition…than I did a few months back while competing in the Bidwell Classic. My time then was 2:51…

No comments: