Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Old Shoes

Gotta get rid of them!
I did a longer walk today, about 11.25 miles. And it was quickly apparent that these old NB 110’s are worn out and useless. I have done innumerable practice sessions in them and two 1/2 marathons. Maybe 150 miles? Whatever! It’s time for something new on my feet. I do have a pair of NB 111’s, but they aren’t ready for a marathon. Or I’m not ready for one while wearing them.

It wasn’t the fastest practice and I didn’t even bother to try timing it accurately. I know that I walked for about 2 hours and 30 minutes, so that makes my pace somewhere in the neighborhood of 13.3 minute miles. But, my feet hurt!

And while I was walking, I would look up every once in awhile and wonder…where was I? The trees are now covered with leaves, giving the park a whole new look and it seemed to happen overnight.

Weight 206 (6 pounds overweight!)     BP 121/65    Pulse 71

No comments: