Thursday, May 25, 2006

Cool

It was a good day in the park. Cool, around 55° and a light wind. I wasn’t sure just how far I wanted to go so I set off to see how I felt. And I felt fast…I ended up doing the 6.25 mile circuit in 81 minutes, a 12.96 minute/mile time and that was good enough.

As I was walking, I was also thinking about the various blogs I write and I decided that it was time for me to cut back. I don’t receive much validation for it and so it seems to be an exercise in futility. I enjoy the writing (as a good mental exercise) and I will probably continue with my own personal journal.

I do have 3 marathons left to do this year and I will probably write a little bit about them. And I will post some pictures of the garden once in awhile…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I will be very disappointed if you stop blogging. I feel like I get to visit you every day. You write in a manner that makes me feel like I am right there with you. Your Projections site is so interesting, but I understand if you don't have time for it. I just love reading it and all your other blogs. It is the first thing I do each day. I should write more comments, give you more feedback. I don't know how many people read your blog, but I for one, will miss your writings.

Anonymous said...

Ditto the above statement...why do you need to feel validated for doing it by the way??? Don't you do it because you enjoy it? Because it keeps your brain going? Just because???