Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Next One

Here I am, awake early on a Tuesday morning and I have to say that I feel pretty good, despite doing that most painful marathon on Sunday. That’s a good thing, as it really was a training marathon and it’s nice to be able to say that I’m not injured from it. I’m not sure that I’m ready for another one real soon, but I can imagine my doing one in June with no problem. And that’s good – because that’s when we have another one scheduled! It’s Anchorage, Alaska on June 17th and that’s only 39 days from now.

The training plans are for longer and faster walks. I will try for at least 3 walks each week of 10 to 12 miles and one of 16. Once around the park won’t cut it anymore and I need speeds of 13 minute miles or less each time. Then throw in a few 18 milers during the next month and I should be good to go.

No comments: