Saturday, May 13, 2006

Saturdays Stats

I just got back from a fast walk. I decided to do a 4 miler as I have a couple of 4 mile races scheduled for the end of this and next month. So it made sense to see how fast I can do it now. Of course it all adds up to increased endurance for the marathons ahead of us this season.

I started on the “right” side of Bidwell Park and right at the 1 mile marker. The first mile was clocked at 11:33 and I certainly felt the strain. At the 2 mile turnaround, I had a time of 23:22. (11.61 minutes/mile) I eased back a little on the second half and felt more in control. I finished that two mile lap in 25 minutes, or 12.5 minute/miles. Overall, 4 miles in 48:22 and that is a respectable12.06 minute/mile.

Then it was time for a cup of coffee at Bidwell Perk; a disappointment. Not a full cup, too much foam and the price of a scone had risen to $3.25! I suppose that’s a good thing…I didn’t buy it at that price and that helps with any weight problems I might have.

Weight 201! BP 121/62 and pulse 67



No comments: