Friday, July 14, 2006

Ah! That's better...

I’m back at home, and rested, after a fairly good practice walk. I got in 8 miles in 102 minutes and according to the calculator that is…12.75 minute/miles. I had to work for them though. And although my left heel was taped and padded, I really didn’t have the energy I thought I should. I have to do something about that. Vitamins?

Now if I could only do that for 26 miles, I would have a marathon time of approximately, 5.5 hours. That’s 23 minutes faster than last years Portland time. Can I do it at this year’s Portland Marathon? Well, that is the goal.

And from the book, 26.2 Marathon Stories; “It’s like tacking PhD at the end of your name, getting married, having a baby. Your life will never again be quite the same, and regardless of what the future brings, you can look back and say, ‘I finished a marathon’”. (Hal Higdon – Marathon)

No comments: