Friday, July 21, 2006

Odd

What a strange morning. The sky is overcast and ominous looking while the humidity grows stronger. We even had some rain here in Orland, yet the temperature is 84°.

It was even stranger in the park. There, all sounds seemed muted by the moist air; much as it is on a foggy night. I decided to go for one hour of practice and to keep it slow and steady. That was easy to do because I couldn’t seem to get enough air for a real effort. The pace was 4.4 mph, or close to 13.75 minute/miles.

As I was walking, I was thinking and wondering if anyone had ever formed a Monte Python Racewalking club? It seems so appropriate…perhaps I should. If not, I could always have a t-shirt made that would have that name on it, in bright and bold letters, and that would serve the same purpose.

No comments: