Monday, July 24, 2006

Feelings

I’m back from the park and feeling fine! Despite the early hour, the high temperatures and the lack of good caffeine stimulation, I was able to do 6.25 miles at a 4.8 mph average. And I could have gone further and faster…but I had other obligations back in Orland.

There are days when the miles just fly by and you know you can walk at that pace forever…and that was just how it was this morning, despite wearing a cotton singlet that must have weighed 20 pounds before I was through! I need to make sure I wear the synthetics; they are much more comfortable. I wonder if Sierra Racewalkers are still selling them?

And how fast could a race walker walk, if a race walker could walk fast…? Check out this link http://www.usatf.com/statistics/records/view.asp?division=american&location=road&age=open&sport=RW

Vital signs…Weight: 198 BP 115/59 Pulse 68

No comments: