Monday, February 06, 2006

Been There, Done That...

Mission accomplished. I got in my training time this morning. It started off well as I quickly found my way up to 4.8 mph. It’s so great to feel your body responding to the demands. Even though it has been a few months since my last training day, the rhythm was easily found again.

After about 2.5 miles, I decided it was time to tone it down. I was getting overheated because of the hat and gloves so I put those into my pack and dropped my speed down to 4.6 mph.

After about 5 miles, I decided to cut it short as I was getting some chafing that I hadn’t anticipated. Overall, I went close to 6 miles (5.8) and had maintained a 4.6 mph average. I’m happy with that.

Odd: Walking east, a couple with a dog approached and as they went by, the man looked at me and said, “You look curious.” Startled, I turned toward him and he repeated himself. I tried to figure it out. Did I look curious to him? Or did I look as if I were curious? I would have to say that afterwards I looked…baffled!

No comments: