Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Smile!

Another day in the park.
Yesterday, I got in just a little over 6 miles in the cold. At least 3 miles went by before I could feel any warmth returning to my cramped muscles. I have to admit that training and cold don’t go well together for me. I love the heat!

This morning I decided to go for a long walk. A long slow walk. So I dressed in jeans, t-shirt and sweatshirt. I needed the sweatshirt for the pockets, as I planned on taking some photographs and I knew I would go through some batteries.

Off I went; doing a good 4.3 mph. That is considered brisk walking and will certainly raise the heart rate and build muscle. Then, seeing something scenic, I stopped to take a picture. Darn! Batteries died in the act of extending the lens. So I put the camera away and hurried on. After awhile I saw another great image and decided to change batteries. I raised the camera and that set of batteries died as well. Now my pockets contained 8 dead batteries and one useless camera.

I decided to make the circuit and then go across the street to the drugstore and buy 4 batteries. And off I went again, doing the 6.25 miles in 87 minutes. That’s a 13.92 minute per mile average and pretty good for my long and slow walk.

Then I headed to the drugstore and got the batteries. I turned the camera on again and then saw the message “No Card”. What? Where had I left the memory card? I headed back to the car, hoping that the card was sitting on the back seat. No such luck. That was when I decided to cut my long walk to a short one…7.25 miles…and go home. Where I see my memory card sitting in the holder next to my monitor.

No comments: