Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Another Day in the Park

Another day in the park. It was cloudy and cool, good walking weather. And walk I did; doing 6.33 miles in 1:21 (12.79 min/mile)

I like this pace; a 4.6-7 mile per hour pace and if I were to keep this up for a marathon distance, I would do the 26.2 mile race in a little over 5 ½ hours. An improvement of, perhaps, 20 minutes over last week’s time.

I was a little bothered by my knee at first. The same knee I injured in Portland when I fell. It feels a little puffy, as if there were fluid building around the injury, but there is no pain at all, even during a fast walk. So for now I will assume that all is well, but I need to keep an eye on it.

And I should probably take a camera with me during the next few trips to Bidwell. The landscape is changing dramatically as the leaves are beginning to fall, giving the park a whole new look. In fact, my GPS unit seemed to be working better today and I am wondering if a lesser amount of leaves would create greater accuracy?

No comments: