Thursday, October 27, 2005

Fast Times at Bidwell


Back in Bidwell. The day was chilly, 47 degrees, but I warmed up fairly quickly and after a few miles I broke a sweat. I was wearing a plain cotton long sleeved shirt and they don’t breathe that well. And after 5 miles, I was having a problem with sweat getting into my left eye. Ouch! I need to make sure I’m wearing a better shirt next time.

1 hour and 37 minutes. 8 miles. That adds up to a great walk this morning. The GPS unit told me that I was doing 5 mph. I did the calc’s and came up with 12.13 minutes per mile. Now I have to ask myself; would a marathon average of 12 minute miles be within my reach? I think so.

The park was beautiful this morning, with lots of sunshine and no wind. The only problem I encountered was a “rolling roadblock”, 5 walkers, walking side by side and taking up the whole roadway. This was on the south side where the road narrows; and I had to veer off onto the shoulder to pass.  

No comments: