Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Clarity

My, how things change after the excitement dies down...At the finish of the marathon, I was certain that there were only 2 or 3 people between Jill and myself. I heard them call her name and then it seemed like I was stepping over the mat right behind her. Not! I was checking out the race photos on the photographers website and there had to be at least 6 or 7 people crossing the finish before I got there. Oh, well...

And this; after the race and in the finish area, I saw a racewalker that I knew from my practice walks in Bidwell Park and I was certain that I had come in before he had. After all, he was hanging out around the area where they remove your chips. And so I assumed...wrong again. Looking through the photos I found him and read his bib number. Checking that number against the results I found that he beat me by about about 10 minutes...and he's 74 years old! I never would have guessed.

No comments: