Saturday, November 10, 2007

History

Yes, I did get in a practice yesterday. And once again I did it without a regular timing device, just the clock in the car...

I started off from One Mile just as a 'fast' walker went by and so I followed, hoping to overtake them. I did, but it certainly was the wrong way to start the walk. An early sprint is NOT the way to get warmed up. I settled into a comfortable pace after that and tried to recover from that quick burst. I was having some pain in my left heel and that didn't leave until I was at the halfway point. Then it was easy to make my way back and I did it in 45 minutes. That's one minute slower than the day before, but still a good time. (13.68 minute/miles)

Today will be a short and fast walk...2 miles and aiming for 12.5 minute/miles. Sunday is an off day and that allows your body to rebuild after the 2 miles of 'tearing down' on Saturday.

No comments: