Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Not Yet

I’m back from a good walk, a fast walk. Since the sun was out and the temperatures weren’t too bad, I tried for a better time than yesterday. But first… I should tell you that I’m not to be trusted. Before I even left the house, I was making excuses; ‘Well, I walked pretty fast yesterday, maybe fast enough that I could stay home today and get some stuff done around here.’ No. Stop that! And get in the car right now! I did.

The first mile went by at a 13.5 minute/mile pace and I finished up at the 2 mile marker with a 27.5 time for the first half. I decided to see if I could get my body moving on the way back and did some 100 yard jogs every now and then. I ended up with a 24.5 minute time for the second half. That’s 12.25 minute/miles and it felt pretty good. 4.68 miles total

At the finish line I was greeted by the famed sportscaster, Otto G. Grimley who was eager to interview me.

Otto: Welcome, sports fans to the 382nd running of the S.W. Dunn 6 point Something K Invitational Race. Here with us is S.W. himself. How are you feeling Steve?

S.W.: Oh. Wow…Hi, Otto. Well, (hack, hack,) I guess I’m OK. Now. Like, how’d I do?

Otto: Well, Steve, according to our official timers, it looks like an average of 13.25 minute/miles for the 4.68 miles. That’s far off your best time of 11.13 recorded during the 123rd running of this classic race. What was giving you a problem today, Steve?

S.W.: Oh, man! It was like, well it was…ya know? It was like I had this real bad pain in my right knee and then (hack, hack) like I have this bad cough. Ya know? And you knew about my left heel, right?

Otto: Well, it certainly looked like you were struggling out there today, Steve. Tell us, will you be ready for the 383rd running of this fabulous race, which is scheduled for this coming Thursday?

S.W.: Man. I don’t know…(hack, hack) I was like really suffering today. But, ya know, I’ll be like giving it my best shot on Thursday. Say…is that a camera?

Otto: Yes, that’s our television cameras.

S.W.: Cool! Hi honey! (waves)

BP 124/64 Pulse57

I'm not putting the weight in here till it drops below 210

No comments: