Saturday, June 18, 2005

It's The Law!

When I am out walking, I usually don’t use a Walkman or other media device to listen to. I listen to my thoughts. And here is one from a recent walk. We (Laurae and I) are from a generation that was taught from early childhood that spitting was unsanitary and impolite. That’s how we were raised. We make no apologies for it.

But it’s a different world today! And that made me think of Singapore. Did you know that there is a country where spitting is illegal? Yes, it’s Singapore and they make you pay plenty if they catch you spitting in public.

Now there is a law that I would support!

http://www.sars.gov.sg/archive/Spit%20And%20Spank%20(ST).html

Believe it or not...There were cities and towns in the USA that had similar laws in the past.

No comments: