Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Undecided

It's a perfect morning for a long walk...should I head out right now and walk to 99W and back? Or should I wait and go into town, walking all of the way around Bidwell before picking up my granddaughter? 6 miles or 6 1/2?

I hope I'm not this indecisive in a few weeks when I have to decide on 10 mile walks!

A note regarding training for walking a marathon; you don't need to actually walk the full 26+ miles in practice before race day. 20 miles is enough. You will have built up enough endurance to make the last 6 miles easily. In fact, that's part of my own secret for success. You walk the race in manageable segments. I used to use 5 miles as mine. After 5 miles, I would ask myself; can you go another 5? And I would...and when you make it to 20 miles, the answer is even easier. "I didn't walk all this way to stop now!"

OK, I guess it's time for a decision. Bidwell and 6 1/2 miles.

No comments: