Tuesday, June 14, 2005

One more time

Yes, I did it again. I walked up to the intersection of 32 and 99W. According to Jill's GPS unit, that is 3.04 miles.Only this time I did the complete 6.08 miles, 2 minutes faster than I did on Sunday. That's a 14.47 average and I'm feeling pretty good about it. Maybe it was faster because of a lack of wind? Or the fact that I started at 6 in the morning, beating the heat.

I did notice the same thing I have observed all over this country...when you greet people while walking, you will be ignored quite often. I don't take it personally (Yes...I do) but I do wonder about it.

If you know me at all, you know that I'm an introvert, with a Myers-Briggs type indicator of INFP. I'm the one who shoudn't even be talking to strangers, but I do.

And another hazard of walking is the fact that people can't see you. Other pedestrians ignore you and drivers are blind to your presence. Twice, I had to stop, jump up and down, just to get a driver to see me as he was exiting a driveway. He looked right at me...but through me.

No comments: