Thursday, August 25, 2005

Bidwell Musings

Some odd thoughts...

What's up with the guy who walks the cat? I've seen him a dozen times during the past few years. He wears a black silk robe style outfit and he has a black cat that follows him through the park. He walks quite slowly and the cat is always about five feet behind him.

Expensive parts? Quite often, as I walk, I will see shiny and expensive looking nuts, bolts and gears along the path. I always wonder how far the bicycle went before the owner noticed or crashed?

Dogs, dogs everywhere! And the resulting dog poop is everywhere as well. No one seems to notice the doggy bag stations that provide free bags to clean up their dogs mess.

I'm still saying, "Good morning!" to each person I see, but the responses are predictable...not many answer at all and they avoid eye contact. I guess I'm just a shameless extrovert!

The Congregators. You know the people that will stop their grocery carts right in the middle of the aisle while shopping? Well, they do the same sort of thing in the park. They stop directly in the middle of the road and...congregate. And when you get Congregators, Doggy People and the Exercise Mom's together in one place...what a zoo!

Yesterday it was a new group added to the mix...the Senior Strollers. The time of day for my walk was off by about 45 minutes and so I was surprised to see dozens of seniors strolling the paths. It took me about 20 minutes to get past the traffic jam.

No comments: