Friday, August 26, 2005

Day 43

Well, I wasn't able to leap tall building in a single bound and I wasn't faster than a speeding bullet, but my new shoes did work well - except for one little thing. I started off fine and I was up to 5.6 mph and then around mile 3, I felt that peculiar itching sensation on my right heel that signals a possible blister forming. I stopped and rubbed some Body Glide on it and relaced the shoes. But it wasn't going to go away that easy, so I decided to do a 5 mile walk instead of the anticipated 6.25. I ended up back at the car with a little under 12 minute miles for the entire 5 miles. (5.05 mph) So it wasn't a complete bust.

At home now, I don't see a blister...but the skin is tender on my heel. Now I have to come up with a plan to break in these shoes in less than a month.

Weight 198.8 BFI 23.7 BP 105/65 Pulse 59

No comments: